MRSA is a dangerous bacteria usually acquired from hospital visits. It often happens when a person has a cut or bite, such as those you might find from bed bugs. It’s not the bite itself that causes the problem, it’s scratching the bite and causing an infection that brings you to the hospital and eventually in contact with the MRSA Virus (although not really a virus, it’s a strain of bacteria Staphylococcus aureus).
When you catch MRSA and have not been in a hospital, such as a bed bug infested apartment complex, it’s called Community Associated MRSA or CA-MRSA for short.
What makes this bacteria so dangerous is its resistance to oxacillin, penicillin and amoxicillin and other antibiotics. This is how a few simple bed bug bites can turn into MRSA as in the picture below.
You can see that the bites started small, then the hand started to swell, then blisters and eventually the underlying skin begins to deteriorate; another bite that is prime for MRSA looks like the one on Lisa’s face below:
If you think you have this, then visit http://www.badspiderbites.com/mrsa-methicillin-resistant-staphylococcus-aureus and match up your bite to their pictures and learn about products to treat the infection.
The best treatment is preventative – when you have a bite from bed bugs or similar pests, make sure you keep the area clean, use an antibiotic ointments or gel and monitor the bite frequently to prevent infection and a hospital visit.